Join 1,000 others
on the largest
student hitch-hike
across Europe.

Read from the beginning

Read from the beginning
Posts are listed in reverse order, so
click here to go straight to the first post and start reading.

05 October 2010

The State of the Royal Mail

My Hitch welcome pack arrived today, albeit in a Royal Mail carrier bag labelled “Our Sincerest Apologies”. It seems the post master tried to force the package into a blender to make a particularly interesting dirty pint for his next game of ring of fire. Once I opened the package (or rather just poured the contents out of the gaping hole in the side), fortunately everything important was intact. I wonder if I can blag a compensatory donation out of the Royal Mail. Though I doubt they have much funding left these days.

Next stop, I need to start thinking of how I’m going to raise the money. My initial thoughts involve some kind of black tie event, which would be very cool since I don’t think my university has any regular thing like that as it stands, which is almost unbelievable. Also, I’m fairly sure that Central Lancashire only raises money for its own hosted charities, so perhaps there are students that want their donations to reach further than the local area.

Lastly, as I know my London readers have been having trouble with the tube strikes recently, for your amusement I’ve decided to sign off with a link to London Underground by Amateur Transplants from back in 2007. It’s probably not safe for work due to the excessive amount of swearing, but your boss might have a sense of humour.

Don't forget to subscribe and donate with the links in the side bar.>>>>>>>>

No comments: